Colleagues,

My graduate student’s thesis is on the effectiveness of TBL in a large undergraduate science classroom (240 students) to increase content learning, improve attitudes toward teamwork, and promote higher order thinking skills. She has been asked to present a review of a research article on this topic to the faculty and graduate students in the Department of Biology. We are searching for an appropriate recently published article which has robust research into both student achievement and attitudes when using TBL in the undergraduate science classroom. This audience will be all professional scientists and unused to the genre’ of science education research, so we want to select the most well-designed and executed study for the review. Any suggestions?

Best regards, Sandra

Sandra L. Westmoreland, Ph.D.

Associate Professor

Department of Biology