My students know that the use of ALL electronic devices is not permitted during the IRAT and GRAT, if a student is found to be using an electronic device (for any reason) their entire team will receive 0.  However, I actively encourage them to use their IPads in conjunction with the course text during the application exercises as I find it diversifies the class discussions and ensures not all teams come up with the same answer.  We have modified and improved our application questions/exercises over the past three years so that the students cannot simply “google” it to find an easy answer.  I also try to circulate through the teams during the applications and confront any students I find using a device for anything unrelated to the course.  This can be hard for very large classes but it works well in my class of 120.

Kind regards
--
Hayley McGrice, PhD
Associate Lecturer

Roseworthy Campus
The University of Adelaide
Ph    : +61 8 8313 7640
e-mail: [log in to unmask]

CRICOS Provider Number 00123M
and contains information which may be confidential and/or
copyright.  If you are not the intended recipient please
do not read, save, forward, disclose, or copy the contents
of this email. If this email has been sent to you in error,
please notify the sender by reply email and delete this
email and any copies or links to this email completely and
immediately from your system.  No representation is made
that this email is free of viruses.  Virus scanning is