I am implementing TBL for the first time this semester. It seems to work very well (judging from the high level of participation in the class and the good feeling I have when leaving the classroom). I teach a Human Rights and Culture class, and I just wonder if there are people out there who have been teaching similar classes and who would like to share their applications with me. Topics that I cover are e.g.  Violence, conflict resolution and legal pluralism,  Women’s Rights and Gender Equality, Human Rights activism, Anthropology and Human rights, Human rights and International Development +++

A few weeks back I had a focus on dignity, and the applications I had designed worked EXTREMELY well. If anyone is interested, - I am happy to share. It should be of relevance not only for those teaching human rights, but also for instructors in nursing, medicine, ethics, etc.

Please shoot me an e-mail off list if you are interested: [log in to unmask]

Marit Ostebo

Marit Tolo Ostebo (PhD)

Lecturer

Department of Anthropology

Address:

427 Grinter Hall – PO BOX 115560

Gainesville, FL 32611-5560

Tel: +1(352) 273-4754 / +1 (352) 328-7591

E-mail: [log in to unmask]

UFsignatureThemeline