Hi Judi,

Here are the articles that I know about on using TBL online:

Hosier, A. (2013). Using team-based learning in an online, asynchronous information literacy course. Journal of Library Innovation, 4(2), 111-121.

Palsole, S., & Awalt, C. (2008). Team-based learning in asynchronous online settings. New Directions for Teaching and Learning, 2008(116), 87-95.

A graduate thesis/dissertation:

Barclay, M. W. (2011).  The impact of team-based learning's readiness assurance process on virtually isolated adults.  Utah State University Digital Commons.

Also, if you look in this list's archives, you can see a post from me this past summer on how I used TBL, the whole kit and caboodle (grin), in my online class.

-Candice

Candice Benjes-Small, MLIS
Head, Information Literacy & Outreach
McConnell Library, Radford University, Radford, VA
540.831.6801