From: Team-Based Learning [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Nofziger,Stacey
Sent: Thursday, September 18, 2014 11:12 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Applications

HI all,
One thing I did just BEFORE official evaluations was to have them to an application called “What have I learned”  They first looked at a list of terms / ideas  that I thought were important and circled ones that they did not really feel like they understood.  Then in teams the compared the lists and explained ideas to each other that they personally understood.  Finally, they starred any ideas they still did not understand as a group and we discussed those as a full class.  Out of a list of 60+ ideas, only about 2 were left as not being understood by the end of the day.  This I felt was a great way to remind them that even though they did not have a notebook full of notes, they still learned a lot!

I have attached what I did – I am in sociology and it was a Juvenile Delinquency class.

Stacey

Dr. Stacey Nofziger
Graduate Director and Associate Professor

Department of Sociology
Olin Hall 247
University of Akron
Akron, OH 44325-1905