Hello,

A while back I requested information about a general teamwork assessment
that could be used to measure one's acquisition of teamwork skills.

Unfortunately, I found that there are few objective assessments. One is
called the teamwork KSA test and it includes scenarios for which there is a
single correct answer (Steven & Campion, 1999). However, more recently this
measure was found to be unreliable and not valid (O’Neill, Goffin, &
Gellatly, 2012).

I found several behaviorally anchored peer assessment measures. I'll list
these below. However, there are likely many measures I missed (especially
in the medical field).

Cheers,

*Situational judgment tests*

Stevens, M. J., & Campion, M. A. (1999). Staffing work teams: Development
and validation of a selection test for teamwork settings. *Journal of
Management, 25, *207-228. doi: 10.1177/014920639902500205

O’Neill, T. A., Goffin, R. D., & Gellatly, I., R. (2012). The knowledge,
skill, and ability requirements for teamwork: Revisiting the Teamwork-KSA
Test’s validity. *International Journal of Selection and Assessment,
20, *36-52.
doi: 10.1111/j.1468-2389.2012.00578.x

*Behaviorally anchored peer assessments*

Loughry, M. L., Ohland, M. L., & Woehr, D. J. (2014). Assessing teamwork
skills for assurance of learning using CATME Team Tools. *Journal of
Marketing Education, 36,* 5-19. doi: 10.1177/0273475313499023

Teamwork Values Rubric: Rhodes, T. (Ed.). *Assessing outcomes and improving
achievement: Tips and tools for using rubrics. *Wahsington, DC: Association
of American Colleges and Universities.

Brajtman, S., Hall, P., Weaver, L., Higuchi, K., Allard, A., and Mullins,
D. (2008). An interprofessional educational intervention on delirium for
health care teams: Providing opportunities to enhance collaboration.
Journal of Interprofessional Care, 22(6), 658-­‐660.

*Other*

The Social Network Analysis (SNA) could be used to measure growth of a
network between students. Implement the initial evaluation before teams
start working and again at the midpoint and end of the semester. We
recently utilized SNA in a course that utilizes a committee structure but
will soon go to TBL format. This measures 'nodes' and hubs of student
communication among team members. This information was just presented at
the North American Colleges and Teachers of Agriculture conference (OP
McCubbins). Also see: http://www.insna.org/what_is_sna.html

--
Jamie Hughes
Assistant Professor, Psychology