From: Team-Based Learning [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Paul Koles
Sent: Wednesday, April 30, 2014 6:32 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Distribution of TBLs in the curriculum

Colleagues:  One advantage of TBLs scattered throughout the organ system modules is that students have opportunity and motivation to master specific domains of knowledge BEFORE the end of the course.   They receive evidence from peers and faculty on how well they have learned during the readiness assurance tests, then learn how well they can apply the knowledge to solve problems during the application phase.    This process reduces the amount of knowledge to be mastered at the end of the course, allowing them to more wisely allocate time to those domains that are not yet mastered.   Paul