Dear TBL Colleagues,

My college has moved from normed based grading to competency based.  Our definition of competency is that students have to achieve 80% on each assessment, and have up to 3 opportunities to reach this threshold.  If a student does not reach 80% on any assessment they fail the course.

My question is how do I incorporate TBL into this model?  I am wondering how to approach the RAP process without having grade weights to assign to it.  Does anyone else teach within a competency based grading model that can help with this?

Sincerely,

Jennifer Robinson, PharmD

College of Pharmacy  |  Clinical Assistant Professor |  Director of Student Services

Academic Center Suite 411

Office: 509.368.6676  |  Fax: 509.358.7967

[log in to unmask]  |  www.pharmacy.wsu.edu