TEAMLEARNING-L Digest - 14 Mar 2014 to 16 Mar 2014 (#2014-32)

Good Morning,

We still have a few guests seats left in the May 20-22, 2014 edition of our Instructional Leadership Academy: Team-Based Learning, at the University at Albany (SUNY). If you have colleagues who have shown interest in TBL, and who might want to learn this method  alongside other new adopters, we invite you to share this information with them. The academy fee is modest and is tax-deductible. For guest registration please go to https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/TBLMay2014Guest.

Instructional Leadership Academy, May 20 & 22

University at Albany, State University of NY

Turn Your Students into Independent, Self-Motivated Thinkers with Team-Based Learning

 The Michaelsen Method of TBL (http://www.teambasedlearning.org/) is currently being used successfully at UAlbany by more than 200 faculty and Graduate  student instructors—in undergraduate and graduate, small and large classes, in areas as disparate as Computer Science, Public Health, Criminal Justice, Informatics, Political Science, Public Administration, Social Work, Information Literacy, Psychology, History, Statistics, Physics, and Philosophy, to name just a few. The May Academy will take participants through the process of transforming a traditional course into a TBL course.   Interested faculty members and graduate student who teach can register for this event at https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/TBLMay2014Guest.

What UAlbany instructors are saying about TBL:

What UAlbany students are saying about TBL:

Institute for Teaching, Learning and Academic Leadership

http://itlal.org