I administered peer evaluations mid-term, and reminded them they were not to give everyone on their team the exact same number of points, because not everyone does equal work, yada-yada-yada. However, I have had several teams try to "outsmart" the system by agreeing among themselves who will get a 9 or 11 from which team member, in essence making it so that everyone ultimately ends up with 40/40 points. I did have them do them in class, as I hadn't had time to put them on-line. Not sure if it would have made a difference.  Suggestions??
Judi

Judi Bradetich, M.S., M.M.
Lecturer, Development and Family Studies
Dept. of Educational Psychology
University of North Texas