Greetings,
Several threads have mentioned using gallery walks as a way to bring the 4S's to materials teams create, such as text, diagrams, etc. I would like to share with you a variation that I find helpful in some situations.
Index cards can be used instead of large "post-it" boards. Some people find these more comfortable to write on, they are less expensive, and are easily carried around. The student responses on index cards are displayed together simultaneously using a document camera. Teams can then discuss the options at their table and vote on which one they think is best, etc.
This works with up to 6 cards on our system. If there are more than 6 teams, the facilitator could select representative, or random, examples.
I would be interested to learn of other successful variations on this theme.
Regards,
Chris BurnsCentral Michigan University