Hi all,

In late spring, I’m teaching an asynchronous, online, 4-week course for my professional organization.  Such classes can be very isolating, so I’d love to incorporate some TBL practices to build community.

The course is structured very much like a shortened semester class, with each week containing videos, readings, discussion board posts, and an activity.

I’ve read the articles on using TBL in asynchronous courses, but with the class being only 4 weeks and the audience being professionals, I face a few challenges. Do I have enough time to provide feedback?    Will professionals feel IRATs/TRATs are condescending?  Etc.

Any advice or suggestions is welcome!

Best,

Candice

Candice Benjes-Small, MLIS

Head, Information Literacy & Outreach

McConnell Library, Radford University, Radford, VA

540.831.6801