I do a similar project with teams designing iPhone apps.  If they develop their own project all the way through each phase (which I recommend), they still will be very interested in each other's presentations.  There will be plenty of competition since they are all trying to be chosen by the company at the end--a great resume builder.

However, I'm not sure that the project piece of your class is TBL. If the final presentation is for the client, then there is very limited possibility for debate among teams about the relative merits of each solution.

Nonetheless, you could use TBL all along to teach skills that are necessary to design and develop the systems.