Hi Jim,

The handout looks excellent.  Some minor editing suggestions appear below.

Best,

Raymond

Page 1
----------
[TBL lets you achieve...]
Having students come to class -> Students come to class
Having students learn -> Students learn

Page 2
---------
[1. Pre-Readings]
the student need -> the students need
problem solving and not everything -> problem solving, but not everything
[4. Appeals]
The Appeal -> The appeal

Page 3
--------
[Consider using a larger font for each initial S in Significant, Same,
Specific, Simultaneously]
[In the graphic, Framework is the largest word.  Maybe the largest words
should be Significant, Same, Specific, Simultaneously]

[4S Framework]
[4S Framework looks a bit like the number 45.  It might be the font.  Other
options would be 4-S, 4s, or 4 S]
Teams work on significant problem -> Teams work on a significant problem
Teams  make a specific choice -> Teams make a specific choice [eliminate
the extra space after teams]
Teams report choice -> Teams report choices

[Significant Problem]
[Need examples of significant problems in the same way that you offer
examples of specific choice.  Maybe the specific choice examples could be
made significant :-)]
[The second paragraph under significant problem looks out of place.  It
really is a discussion of Backwards Design for the whole course, not just
significant problems.  Is Backwards Design perhaps the fifth essential
element of TBL?]

[Same Problem]
ensure that students -> ensures that students

[Simultaneously Report]
teams' decision -> team's decision
very immediate -> immediate

Page 4
---------
[If order is not important in the jigsaw, then maybe it would be best not
to use first, second, third, and final.  Conversely, if order is important
then it might be better to number the jigsaw pieces.]
[Might be good to include an example of criteria used to form teams.]

--

RAYMOND*FROST*
Professor, Management Information Systems

 Ohio University College of Business
Athens, OH  45701
v: 740.597.2902
f: 740.597.1676

"If you're not making mistakes, then you're not doing anything. I'm
positive that a doer makes mistakes."

--John Wooden