Doug et al,

"We" don't recommend modifying TBL since it works well and best when you follow its principles.  However, 'enhancing' its components is what Sandy & Co have done and what you might be doing. Let's all be sure to review Paul Haidet's recent article on the criteria for when TBL is just that.  Still, I am sent manuscripts to review with 'TBL' in the titles and there are modifications to the strategy that make it NOT-TBL.  Dean