Hello all, I'm new. I've been teaching an Introduction to Data and Databases course at University at Albany using TBL for several semester now. I've talked about my experiences at http://ccistudentcenterblog.wordpress.com/tag/adventuresinlearning/

Next semester, I am moving my class entirely online. I've sussed out a way to do the intra- and inter-group discussions on activities. It's not a perfect match for the robust F2F class discussions, but asynchronicity is what it is. If anyone is interested, let me know.

I've also figured out how to run the RATs via Blackboard. It's actually a much easier problem. The remaining stumbling block is the group scratch-off answer sheet. I think the gradual reveal of the answer is a huge part of what makes the team RAT effective. Also, mechanically, the scratch-off should be relatively easy to implement. So . . . anyone know of an online version of the scratch-off sheet?

Thanks,
Alex Jurkat
Instructor
Informatics Department