I state the rules at the begining of the course ...

I do most things (iRAT/gRATs/etc) with paper :)

Then, for the iRATs  (in a class of 120 or so students), I make a very visible show of ripping up the iRAT of the first person to break the rules.

Likewise with the gRATs.

Teams then seem to do a good job of policing things.

Doing it once seems to be sufficient. Normally, the way marks are split between iRATs, gRATS, applications exercises, and so on, loosing a single iRAT or gRAT doesn't really change their final grades.

During application exercises, if they use technology that is fine. If they're playing games on their phone that's fine too ... I just happen to mention to the rest of the team that they seem to be doing all the work and no doubt it will 'play out' during the peer evaluations.

Kind regards

Peter