I would echo this.  So, instead of a zero, I might take points off (10-15%)
from the individual iRAT and the T-RAT.

While I still battle the noise problem, I decided to mention the cell issue
and ask them to put it away, but not to stress over it.  Maybe it's because
we're a community college or my students don't buy ebooks, but I monitored
the teams where one or more members had a cell phone out between
assessments and saw no major differences in scores.  They still missed the
same number of items (usually between 2 and 6) along with that, the items
they missed matched the items the class as a whole missed. If I ever notice
a team getting them all right on the first shot when the team members
individually missed several then I'll get more strict.  I guess what I'm
saying is that "rapid thumb movement with communication devices by
individual team members, does not appear to increase performance on the
TRAT's." ;o)

--

Herb Coleman, Ph.D
Dir. Instructional Computing and Technology