From: Karen Peterson <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2013 14:04:08 -0500
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Ways to Modify TBL

Ron,

I agree that you should not modify your course due to student complaints about reading load.  They need to read the material for your class in order to succeed, and it sounds like you are not being unreasonable at all in your demands.  Students need to make a hard adjustment between high school and college, but they can learn how to read and retain material, and they should do that in order to succeed in college.

Karen Peterson
English
University of South Alabama
Mobile, Alabama 36688