Ron,

A consistent feedback I receive about my TBL courses: “I’ve never actually read the textbook before”. Yesterday a 3rd year student from another program approached me, concerned about her low IRAT scores. She said that this was the first time she has been expected to read the text. I responded to her by teaching her some simple ways to read and understand text, for example, the SQ3R system. Each term I find that I need to teach students how to study, and that’s ok—it’s part of their life-long learning skill setJ.

Nick

Nicholas DiFonzo, Ph.D.

Professor of Psychology

Department of Psychology