It's helpful to encourage faculty to circulate among the student groups to learn what they are discussing in their teams. This will reassure the faculty that the content is being covered, reducing their need to go into lecture mode. It will also help identify some of the issues individual teams were discussing that might be worth exploring between teams.

If there are any experienced TBLers available, having them take the lead running the session will help the new adopters get up to speed in a lower stakes setting as a co-facilitator.

Chris Burns
University of Illinois
College of Medicine