From: Team-Based Learning [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Dean Parmelee
Sent: Thursday, June 13, 2013 1:10 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Gold star incentives for immediate feedback on application exercises

Lark -
Well stated question!  Ambitious plan and a good start.

Only suggestion about the 'stars:'  I'd have each student award the stars but
also write out an answer to this: 'which colleague on your team TODAY contributed the
most to your education?'  In one or two sentences, 'what did he/she do?'  Collect these, type them out, hand them to those students who get named.  Little by little, more and more students in a team will be getting kudos as they all try harder to help one another.

Dean Parmelee, M.D.
Robert J. Kegerreis Distinguished Professor of Teaching

Associate Dean for Academic Affairs
Boonshoft School of Medicine
Wright State University
Dayton, Ohio