I teach two consecutive and compulsory math courses - one from September to December and the next from January to May. Each course gets graded and therefore peer evaluated as well.

This year I kept the same teams all the way through to the end. I felt where they only had class once a week they needed more than one semester to really gel as a team. I am strongly leaning toward doing the same thing this September, but on the year end survey some students suggested next year I could consider changing up the teams. Although the suggestions came from some of the less interested math students, I thought it might be wise to ask for the opinion of others. What would be the recommendation regarding keeping the same teams together for 9 months?

Kristie

Kristie McHugh

Instructor - Pre Science, Electrical, Plumbing and Fuels Technician

New Brunswick Community College

950 Grandview Avenue Saint John, NB E2J 4C5

Tel: 506-658-2713 | Fax: 506-643-2853

[log in to unmask] | www.nbcc.ca

College Works. Make it work for you.

This message is intended for the person to whom it is addressed and is to be treated as confidential or private communications.  It must not be forwarded unless permission has been received from the originator.  If you have received this message inadvertently, please notify the sender, delete the message and then delete your response.  Thank you for your cooperation.