Hi Alex

We had the good fortune to be in the right place at the right time when our University was planning a 'new concept' room for learning and teaching. We were implementing TBL for the first time in our new pharmacy curriculum and had sought help and advice from Larry and our friends at Regis School of Pharmacy

We went for tables that were 'teardrop' shaped to facilitate a monitor with an adjustable arm at the end of each table, each with a PC under the table (students can access the internet during applications, or we can broadcast a team's work to other tables, which we use as a form of e-gallery walk. We can also take control of the monitors for a more traditional presentation). Each table has its own microphone and there is a separate wireless presenters mic. The chairs are also swivel ones.

You may notice that the tables and chairs around the sides of the room are higher than the ones on the centre in order to maintain sight-lines

We are really pleased with the room and it works well, however if we were to do this again with a larger room (and we are hoping to), then I completely agree with Larry that a tiered approach would be best, (this room is just small enough to get away with it I think - it seats 108 around 18 tables)

There's a couple of photos below

Good luck with your project!

Best wishes

Simon Tweddell