Hi Amy,

I have experimented with the quiz function in Moodle and it works not too
badly as long as the class is not too large. The limiting issue seems to be
the number of simultaneous users who are able to access the wireless
router. Our WiFi routers were installed a few years ago with no idea that
they might be used for in-class online testing (RATs). At around 40
students, anywhere from 1-3 students would be randomly kicked off the
internet in the middle of their RAT. So needless to say I will not be going
that route until we upgrade the carrying capacity of our wireless routers.

When it did work, it was fantastic! I got immediate results showing how
many choose the correct answer and where there were common incorrect
choices on the iRAT.

Cheers

Neil

*Neil Haave, PhD* | Assoc Dean (Teaching) & Assoc Professor (Biology) |
University of Alberta, Augustana Campus | 4901 - 46 Avenue, Camrose, AB T4V
2R3 | vox: 780 679 1506 | fax: 780 679 1129 | [log in to unmask] |
www.augustana.ualberta.ca/profs/nhaave/