From: Jenny Morris <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Date: Monday, April 22, 2013 10:26 AM
To: "[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>" <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Subject: Example of: Confidence based marking answer sheet

Dear all

We currently use Larry's marking system whereby students can assign 4 points across the four response options thereby rewarding proximate knowledge.  However it has not been possible to find a scanning system that can cope with this approach.

The attached is an example of confidence marking and I would welcome advice from those who have used this as to whether this is better than correct/incorrect.  We are keen to avoid negative marking.

Best wishes

Jenny

Dr Jenny Morris
Associate Professor (Senior Lecturer) Health Studies
Faculty of Health, Education & Society
University of Plymouth
Knowledge Spa
Truro