Hi there,

I’ll be using TBL with my freshmen/sophomores for the first time this semester. My (current) question: how do you occupy the teams that finish TRATs or application exercises before the remaining teams?  Obviously, if after a TRAT they want to appeal they could work on that, and I’ll encourage them to ‘keep talking’ for the whole duration of the application time, but I’m sure there will be times when they will insist they are done and won’t have any appeals.

Since I have underclassmen, I’ve learned I need to keep a very strict classroom policy about no texting, no doing work for other classes, etc.  If I loosen this restriction for teams that finish early, I know what will happen: they’ll speed through the assigned activity so that they can get to texting.

Thanks in advance!

Candice

Candice Benjes-Small, MLIS

Head, Information Literacy and Outreach