From: Team-Based Learning [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Keri M Larson
Sent: Wednesday, January 09, 2013 12:45 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Need advice on accommodating disability support requirements for test-taking

Hello,

Tomorrow I will commence my second semester of teaching Intro to IS, full-on TBL-style. Just this morning, however, a student who will be in one of my classes presented me with his Disability Support Services letter from my University requiring that I give him double time on tests and allow him to take his tests outside of the classroom environment.

This puts me in a huge bind. I cannot (nor do I wish to!) revamp my class in one day to accomodate this student's requirements. Has anyone encountered this situation before, and how did you (or do you think I should) handle the IRAT/TRAT situation in this context?

Thanks for any advice!

Keri Larson

Assistant Professor of IS

University of Alabama at Birmingham