From: Noam Perry <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Date: Monday, January 28, 2013 10:28 AM
To: "[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>" <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Subject: Re: calculating peer evaluation scores

Thanks Jim and Larry for your suggestions.
Jim, I thought about lowering grades for everyone as you suggest, however that poses another issue. A group in which everyone receives 10 is, theoretically, the best outcome we should strive for. if the scores are a genuine reflection of students' contribution to the team, it does make sense that all members of that team would receive the highest possible grade. This situation is preferable to the one where 1-2 students do all/most of the work and receive a higher grade than everyone else. Shouldn't the reward system reflect that?
Thanks again,
Noam