I second Bob's recommendation. Kahn was on the Diane Rehm's show back in October. It was an excellent show. It aligned well with TBL.

http://thedianerehmshow.org/shows/2012-10-03/salman-khan-one-world-schoolhouse-education-reimagined

Jamie

From: Robert Yantorno <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Sat, December 8, 2012 10:42:45 AM
Subject: Rethinking Education

Hi Everyone -

I am reading a really great book on education - "The One World Schoolhouse" by Salman Kahn. Amazing review profile - see below. Note - not a single one or two star!! Seems like there is a lot in common with TBL. Although Kahn talks mainly about primary and secondary education what he says could be applied to post secondary education. His process of getting his undergraduate degree from MIT is quite enlightening.

Bob