Hello

We have had our first TBL session with a group of 300 students divided in teams of 6-7 in groups of around 60 students per group each facilitated by two academics.

We had a practice day which went well and the first ‘official’ day was last week after which it became clear that some students had dropped out from the course.  This meant that some groups had 5 students and others 6-7. We cannot change the teams around as they have completed the first of the four units.  In the event that we might get comments from students now in teams of 5 who feel disadvantaged compared to those in teams of 6-7, what would be the best response?

Secondly we had to build in extra time for the tests for students with dyslexia and other related disabilities (as per University regulations) and during the team tests it was clear that some teams finished much earlier than others.  I’d be grateful for advice about how others handle this.

Best wishes

Jenny

Dr Jenny Morris

Associate Professor (Senior Lecturer) in Health Studies

Faculty of Health, Education and Society

University of Plymouth

Knowledge Spa

Treliske

Truro TR1 3HD

Cornwall

Tel: 01872 256461

Web: http://www.plymouth.ac.uk/faculties/health

‘High quality education for high quality care’