Hello all,

We are soon to be done our first kick at the TBL can and generally are happy with it. It was in a first year MED class. One issue that has come up is a very strong push back from students to ranking their team mates (at least one less than others and one more than others etc).  I think this was also the case with a friends attempt at her med school.  I still think there is value in students knowing that others don’t see them as pulling their weight or one’s score reflection one’s actions.  How have others dealt with this “relative ranking” in professional programs?

ken

Sincerely,

Dr. Ken Kontio B.Sc., M.D., M.Ed., FRCS(C)

Department of Surgery - Rm 3342

Children's Hospital of Eastern Ontario

401 Smyth Road

Ottawa, ON