Cheers,
Josie

Dr Josie A Fraser

On 22 Nov 2012, at 22:03, "Carson, Ron" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Thanks Ken.

I'm not understanding what happens on weeks people aren't doing RAT's.   So, let me use this scenario.

UNIT #1

Week 1: Course introduction/Reading assigned
Week 2: RATs and application exercises
Week 3:

UNIT #2

If you are doing RATs only for units, what happens on week 3?

From: Kontio, Ken [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Thursday, November 22, 2012 1:08 PM
To: Carson, Ron; [log in to unmask]
Subject: RE: Understanding iRATs

Ron, My understanding is that most instructors set up their courses in units and generally less units than the number of classes so you are not doing a IRAT each time they come together.  I am in a similar situation in that my course (MSK for med students ) is broken up into weekly units and I have been giving an Irat each week with another session for cases.

The fear is that you will get the students burned out on IRATS/GRATS (TRATS) .  Perhaps you will need to give them more reading for less units and try to group certain content together.

Ken

Sincerely,

Dr. Ken Kontio B.Sc., M.D., M.Ed., FRCS(C)

Department of Surgery - Rm 3342

Children's Hospital of Eastern Ontario

401 Smyth Road

Ottawa, ON