I have also used Moodle for iRATs and tRATs and it worked well for me too. I have not found another LMS that works as well.

Matt

On Thu, Sep 6, 2012 at 1:22 PM, Ernesto Ocampo <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Dear Colleagues,

We are using the online quizzes available in the moodle platform, both for iRat and tRat, with very good results. We are starting our first experience with TBL in a Computer Science Data Structures and Algorithms course, with 40 students. We are already in the 5th out of 10 thematic cycles.

We do configure the iRAT  quiz slightly differently from the tRAT. In the first one, we don’t give immediate feedback on each question to the students. We do so in the team quiz. In both quizzes, we apply penalizations for failed answers. We shuffle questions and answers, so students, although being very close, each one with her own notebook , ipad or tablet, cannot fish from the other’s answers (time does not allow it )

Best regards,

Ernesto

Dr. Ing. Ernesto Ocampo Edye
Profesor Titular

Departamento de Informática y Ciencias de la Computación

Universidad Católica del Uruguay

www.ucu.edu.uy

Avda. 8 de Octubre 2738

Montevideo, 11600, Uruguay

E-mail: [log in to unmask]
Phone: (+598) 2 487 2717 x 428 / 212 / 213

Mobile: (+598) 93 709 347
msn : [log in to unmask]

Skype: eco019

googleTalk: [log in to unmask]