One resource that has proved useful to me in the past is TEACHING ISSUES AND EXPERIMENTS IN ECOLOGY
-- a peer reviewed publication of ecological educational materials by the Ecological Society of America: http://tiee.esa.org/vol/toc_all.html

It has some nice datasets and teaching notes.

From: Team-Based Learning [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Preast, Vanessa A [SOE]
Sent: Wednesday, August 08, 2012 12:24 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: TBL and biostatistics

I'm not doing Bio-statistics, but I am teaching basic educational statistics. I too would be interested in statistics-related application exercises which I might be able to adapt.

For my class I'd thought of giving (or having students generate) research questions and datasets and having them identify appropriate statistical tests to answer those  research questions. Also I thought of giving them 5 articles and tell them that they're the reviewer (or editor) of the journal. They would need to determine which article gets into the journal because the authors used the most appropriate statistics, implemented the stats properly and made appropriate conclusions.

Best,
Vanessa