From: Team-Based Learning [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Meghan Gillette
Sent: Thursday, August 30, 2012 9:22 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: TEAMLEARNING-L Digest - 28 Aug 2012 to 29 Aug 2012 (#2012-126)

Hello-

   Here are a few options to consider:

1. As Sarah suggested, move the appeals out of the classroom. If they want to appeal, they have to let you know by the end of the class period. Then they have 48 hours to complete the appeal in a Word document and email it to you.

2. For the iRATs, the students know they have a maximum of 15 minutes, but they will only have 5 minutes to finish once the fastest person on the slowest team is done.  When they are done, they just raise their hand to let me know they are done and then I keep track in my mind of which teams are done. When the last team has a person who signals they are done, I announce to the class that they have 5 more minutes. Nobody ever uses the full extra 5 minutes.  I do the same with tRATs and Application Exercises (with different lengths of time).

Hope this helps!

Meghan Gillette

Doctoral Candidate

Human Development and Family Studies