Hi Beth,

I use TBL for first year Torts and upper level writing and Remedies courses. I reuse graded application exercises, changing the facts and sometimes jurisdiction. What teams have to do with the application changes too, such as having them display their proposed settlement amount with 1 page justifications, writing a l-2 page email to a client, preparing a flow chart of important concepts.

Students get to keep the application materials for the reasons you suggest - they help them study and prepare for finals and other applications.

best,

sophie

Sophie Sparrow
Professor of Law
University of NH School of Law
2 White Street
Concord, NH 03301
603-513-5205
603.225-9647 FAX

>>> Beth Bjerregaard <[log in to unmask]> 8/26/2012 05:09 PM >>>
I want to first say that I have learned a tremendous amount by simply being
a "lurker" on this listserve - thank you to all those who have been sharing
their knowledge and experiences.  I am trying TBL for a criminal procedure
class for the first time this fall.  My question concerns whether students
should be allowed to keep the application exercises.  I would like to use
the successful exercises again when I teach the class.  I can, however, see
real benefits to the students to be able to study these materials for the
exams.  Suggestions?  Beth