Ron,

Based on the fact that the applications are so brief, I'm guessing that all
of them are exactly the same report back format and that the report is
holding up a card in response to what amounts to a multiple choice
question. If that's the case, I'd attempt to do three things:
1) Make some of the choices much more difficult and complex so that it will
take them longer to make a specific choice. If possible, design it so that
it integrates across units.
2) Change the form of some of the simultaneous reports (e.g.,
poster/gallery walk, overlaying transparencies that represent some sort of
a curve or graph, _____ in 10 words or less on a 3x5 card that is placed on
a document camera or is typed into a spreadsheet and projected onto a
screen, etc.).
3) Recycle the question by changing some of the parameters in a way that
causes students to have to use the same information but, think about it
from a different perspective.

Larry

--