Do you use TBL in your teaching of Mathematics and other Quantitative Sciences, or Engineering? Are you planning to be in San Diego in 2013?

We are interested in developing a joint workshop with  people who use TBL in these areas.

In the call for abstracts for the Team Based Learning Collaborative in San Diego the organisers say, "While we are open to all TBL-related submissions, we are particularly eager to receive submissions focused on non-medical applications of TBL. We look forward to receiving your submissions and hope to see you in San Diego in 2013! "

We are a  group of researchers in a mathematics department who are using TBL to teach mathematics and mathematics education. Our current  research is focussed on students' interactions during team discussions.  We are also examining the data for evidence of useful mathematical behaviours - for example conjecturing and generalising. We are using established learning theories to examine both the structure and development of tasks and the ways in which students work as they solve them.

We would like to work with other lecturers and researchers in this and related fields in the development of a joint workshop to pool both ideas about task development in the quantitative sciences and the development of scholarship and research in this area.

Please contact Judy  ([log in to unmask]) if you are interested in discussing this idea

Judy, Jamie,Alistair, Claire,Vivien and Rachel