We use it....since we built it

UBC took iPeer enterprise about two years ago.....with probably a couple of hundred courses using it.....I ran it on my own server for five years after I built.....I am not an IT guy....had good department support for first three years.....it actually didn't require specific maintenance just a happy maintained server to live on...eventually budget cuts took away the support....I ran it unsupported for few years...tilll I got too nervous and pulled the plug.....small instructor rebellion later.....campus stepped into host and maintain it

This summer we are completing a building block...so it can directly plug into blackboard

There are many other schools out there using it....Cal North State and others......it been downloaded over 7000 times...so someone must be using it

A few months ago...I shared with the tbl list a recipe for setting up iPeer on purchased hosting...like GoDaddy

If you want I could send it to you next week....I am on the road this week

Jim Sibley

Sorry for brief message -sent from my iPad

On 2012-06-19, at 1:12 PM, "Kevin McConville" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Going back to Jenny Morris' query but from our angle. We hope to use iPeer in Dundee for our TBL sessions
Is anyone out there already using this that can comment on their experiences?
Thanks

Dr Kevin McConville

Clinical Teacher &  Clinical Research Fellow

Division of Clinical & Population Sciences & Education

Undergraduate  Dept. of Tayside Centre for General Practice (uTCGP)

College of Medicine, Dentistry & Nursing

University of Dundee

MacKenzie Building

Kirsty Semple Way

Dundee