We use a list of objectives that direct student learning (~30 objectives for each unit). The RAT questions come straight from these objectives so the students know exactly what is required of them. Our iRAT scores are typically in the range of 75-85%.

Best,
Steve
Regis University School of Pharmacy

From: Team-Based Learning [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Thomas DeWitt
Sent: Wednesday, May 23, 2012 9:07 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Feedback from Student

Ron,

I get around this issue by providing students with a set of discussion and review questions for each module and base the iRAT questions on the discussion and review questions. In addition, I allow students to use their notes for the iRATs, as I want to encourage good study skills.  If students have prepared effectively for class they generally do well on the iRATs. My iRAT and tRAT scores are similar to those of the rest on the listserv (70% on the iRAT and 90% on the tRAT).

Cheers, Tom