From: Team-Based Learning [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Carson, Ron
Sent: Wednesday, May 23, 2012 7:51 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Feedback from Student

I receive the following message from a student and with permission, I'm posting to the TBL listserve for feedback:

I actually wanted to touch base with you because I am having difficulty with the reading. I am reading everything but I did not want to get another grade like last time. Thank you again for the curve.  I was trying to think of solutions because I am hoping I am not the only person having issues with the reading. It isn't a complaint and if nothing happens I'll manage I just wanted to express some concern and a possible option for dynamic learning.

I was thinking as a different structure we could have a discussion posting where each person puts up two difficult questions for the rest of the class to answer. If every person in the class thoroughly reviews the material in order to get decent questions that would give you the opportunity to award an additional 2 points for the posting. And when you are going to create the IRAT you can review the questions posted and choose which ones that you would like to test on with slight deviations from the original and test us that way. So we are reading, but reading for a purpose instead of a broad area of knowledge. Plus, it is up to the class in order to review and look at everyone elses question and attempt to answer. I was thinking the class could get additional points maybe 2 points for the postings in order to slightly boost our grades due to some of the poor IRAT grades. This is just an idea and allows you to keep the dynamic structure that you are using. It is just a thought and I know the program is always wanting feedback. I don't want this to come off as complaining but something that could further our learning experience while keeping it dynamic.
Comments?

Thanks,

--
Ron Carson MHS, OT