The three key features of an ideal room for TBL are that:
1) The accoustics must allow participants to hear each other during the discussion of teams' choices on the applications (i.e., during all-class discussions). '
2) Team members must be able to see eabh others' eyes and hear each other while all of the teams are engaged in discussions during the team RATs and the first phase of applications. The most common mistake is having tables that are too large. In fact, some schools have invested millions of dollars in rooms in which TBL teams have to engage in discussions in the spaces between large (and high tech) tables.
3) There should be as little as possible distance between the teams so that students can see  each other and hear across the teams.

I think the ideal room configuration is slightly rectangular with two rows on a tier, individual rolling chairs and in a horseshoe shape The instructors location should be on the end so that the majority of the teams are facing each other (i.e., The room should be deep (not wide).

Larry