Hi

I have used an activity based on http://www.ntlf.com/html/ti/v17n5comp.pdf

Basically

Demo Application Activity

Preamble

With each activity the instructor will task all teams with coming to consensus on a specific problem that requires a decision or plan. You will then be given time within your team to discuss the question and options and arrive at a consensus answer for your team. When it is time to report, you will typically get your voting card ready and WAIT for the instructors signal to raise your card (voting card that indicates your teams position). The instructor will then facilitate a discussion where you may be required to defend your own position and critique other team’s positions.

Sample Activity

Thinking of what you want to get out of your college education and this course, which of the following is most important?

A.     Acquiring the information (facts,principles, concepts)
B.     Learning how to use information and knowledge in new situations
C.     Developing lifelong learning skills

Adapted from: First-Day questions for the Learner-Centered Classroom, Smith, G. A.,2008, National Teaching and Learning Forum, Vol. 17, No. 5

################

With student grades…we don't put in folder…but put in learning management system….our privacy laws won't let us put lists of name or student numbers or grades in front of multiple students-Jim Sibley

Director
Centre for Instructional Support
Faculty of Applied Science
University of British Columbia
2205-6250 Applied Science Lane
Vancouver, BC Canada
V6T 1Z4

Phone 604.822.9241
Fax 604.822.7006

Email: [log in to unmask]<applewebdata:[log in to unmask]>
Web: http://cis.apsc.ubc.ca<http://cis.apsc.ubc.ca/>

© Copyright 2012, Jim Sibley, All rights reserved The information contained in this e-mail message and any attachments (collectively "message") is intended only for the personal and confidential use of the recipient (or recipients) named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this message in error and that any review, use, distribution, or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail, and delete the message.