On Apr 25, 2012, at 1:48 PM, Jenny Morris wrote:

We will be implementing TBL for the first time this year with a group of around 300 second year nursing students.  The module has been divided into four units which brings the students together on these four occasions for around 2-3 hours a time.  In between these occasions they will have scheduled time for the preparatory work, scheduled time to work with the librarian on developing search strategies (it is an evidence-based practice module), and tutorial time following the last unit day.  This means that they are working in teams on only four occasions.

We are going to use peer feedback but for formative purposes only – at least for this first delivery.  We are planning on using the form developed by Paul Koles which has the tick box questions plus two open ended questions.  My question is about collating this information to get feedback back to the students.  We have looked at ipeer but cannot use this (don’t ask me to explain why!) and I’m pursuing an alternative with our University learning technologists although I’m not convinced we would get much take up if they were asked to do this out of class (which is the only we could do it electronically).  However, I’m now wondering if we’re putting too much effort into this and whether there is any disadvantage to the students simply taking away the hard copies of the feedback at the end of the session.  This seems to me to be a sensible solution and at present I can’t think of any disadvantages!

Would welcome advice on this!

Best wishes

Jenny

Dr Jenny Morris
Associate Professor (Senior Lecturer) in Health Studies
Faculty of Health, Education and Society
University of Plymouth
Knowledge Spa
Treliske
Truro TR1 3HD
Cornwall

Tel: 01872 256461

‘High quality education for high quality care’

<image001.jpg>