Dear all,
I piloted SPARKPLUS for our university earlier this year. It was relatively straightforward to set up, even with a limited introduction. I received good feedback from students who found it easy to use and the results easy to interpret and use. I had previously used a paper-based system, drawing on Michael Sweet's feedback forms. In my case, with classes of 60 to 80 students, processing the results and getting them back to the students took about 3 hours (done two times during each course...). The advantage of the paper system is that participation is very high; I am now working out how to get the same participation rate with this kind of on-line system.
Peter Balan
University of South Australia, Australia

From: Team-Based Learning [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Sibley, James Edward
Sent: Thursday, 26 April 2012 3:33 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Process for Peer Feedback

Hi

You could look a SPARKS

The current version of SparkPlus has been used in classes with as many as 1500 students.  It is used by staff at many Australia Universities and a few in the  US , Canada and Europe.   SparkPlus facilitates self and peer assessment of team contribution.  It can also be used for assessing individual work and allows students to benchmark their judgement against academics and each other.  More info on these different modes can be found http://spark.uts.edu.au/ .  Several research papers discuss the outcomes of its traditional use for peer evaluation and others - see for example Willey, K. & Gardner, A. 2010) 'Investigating the capacity of self and peer assessment activities to engage students and promote learning', European Journal of Engineering Education, 35: 4, 429 - 443.

It is a hosted solution...where you buy class access....I think it is fairly cheap

jim
--

(c) Copyright 2012, Jim Sibley, All rights reserved The information contained in this e-mail message and any attachments (collectively "message") is intended only for the personal and confidential use of the recipient (or recipients) named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this message in error and that any review, use, distribution, or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail, and delete the message.