Hi Jenny,

Good question.  Here is a very simple answer.  My understanding is that the students must have the preparatory reading in order to be "prepared" to take both the individual and group RAT.  Therefore it is an integral part of the readiness assurance process.

I wish you the best with TBL!  You're gonna love it!

Arletta Knight Fink

From: Team-Based Learning [[log in to unmask]] on behalf of Jenny Morris [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Wednesday, April 11, 2012 5:59 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Description of TBL

Please could you clarify whether the readiness assurance process includes the preparatory reading phase or not.  In some readings it suggests it is, but in others I have read it indicates the readiness assurance process includes the tests, appeals and feedback.  I need to be sure I am describing the process correctly!

Best wishes

Jenny

Dr Jenny Morris

Associate Professor (Senior Lecturer) in Health Studies

Faculty of Health, Education and Society

University of Plymouth

Knowledge Spa

Treliske

Truro TR1 3HD

Cornwall

Tel: 01872 256461

Web: http://www.plymouth.ac.uk/faculties/health

‘High quality education for high quality care’