Our planned medical curriculum has summative assessment at the end of each of the first 2 academic years. TBL will be used as the principle educational method. Is it reasonable for the TBL grades to be used only formatively, or is there value to these grades contributing to the summative end of year exams? Our current plan is to use TBL grades formatively and to track progress so that students in difficulty can be identified early. Entry to sit the end of year exams will be conditional on satisfactory TBL grades.

Naomi

Dr Naomi Low-Beer MD MRCOG MEd

Locum Consultant Gynaecologist

Chelsea and Westminster Hospital

369 Fulham Road

London SW10 9NH

and

Curriculum Development Lead

The London Office of the Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine

Level 12 Electrical and Electronic Engineering Building

South Kensington Campus

London

SW7 2AZ