Our planned medical curriculum has summative assessment at the end of each of the first 2 academic years. TBL will be used as the principle educational method. Is it reasonable for the TBL grades to be used only formatively, or is there value to these grades contributing to the summative end of year exams? Our current plan is to use TBL grades formatively and to track progress so that students in difficulty can be identified early. Entry to sit the end of year exams will be conditional on satisfactory TBL grades.

Naomi

Dr Naomi Low-Beer MD MRCOG MEd
Locum Consultant Gynaecologist
Chelsea and Westminster Hospital
369 Fulham Road
London SW10 9NH
and
Curriculum Development Lead
The London Office of the Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine
Level 12 Electrical and Electronic Engineering Building
South Kensington Campus
London
SW7 2AZ