I had a fantastic experience at my first TBLC meeting last week.  Thanks to all who planned and participated!

I am working with a group of other people at my institution to implement TBL throughout a new integrated Year-1 and Year-2 undergraduate medical curriculum.  We anticipate having approximately 30 teams of 7 students each in our Year-1 class, and these students will work together within these teams throughout the entire academic year (probably average one TBL session every two weeks).  I am wondering what others would advise if any of the TBL groups drop to 4 or fewer students due to “permanent attrition” (withdrawals, academic failures that trigger either dismissal or repeating the year, etc.).

Thanks for any input/advice,

Tim Leonard

Clinical Sciences Dept.

WVSOM